[Ironruby-core] Support For Referencing Ruby Libs As Embedded Resources?

Michael Letterle michael.letterle at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 22:57:58 EST 2008

My /personal/ view is that IronRuby should be Ruby first and .NET
second.  Anything that's done outside of "normal" behaviour should be
implemented outside of the core implementation.  I'd almost go as far
as to say that the current method of loading .NET assemblies is
pushing it, but that's an extreme view.

So yes, if we're doing something specific to this platform it should
be implemented ontop of the core language not in it.  It would be up
to the person writing the code that uses resrequire (or urirequire) to
perform the graceful fallback.