[Ironruby-core] delegate

Michael Letterle michael.letterle at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 12:53:39 EST 2008

Once we have the method() method, I imagine that will be a little easier...

I had taken a side trip on implementing that when looking at the
events stuff, but I really wanted to figure out how to get methods
added to events properly, I may take a look at implementing method()
(and methods()) next...

Unless someone tells me to stop.

On Feb 6, 2008 12:48 PM, Huw Collingbourne <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Michael Letterle wrote:
> > Well I figured out how to get events wired up, that was fun :)
> >
> > Personally I'd rather see events wired up like this:
> >
> > @rbutton.Click.add &Proc
> > @rbutton.Click.remove &Proc
> >

> The actual syntax is no big deal. To work like other .NET languages and
> to provide the same IDE support, however, event handlers need to be
> named methods that can be selectively 'wired up' either in programming
> code or by selecting a method name using Visual Studio's Events panel. I
> have no very strong feelings about the operators ( += and  -= or some
> alternatives ) but I do think that consistency with existing .NET
> delegation standards is important.
>

> best wishes
> Huw
>
> SapphireSteel Software