[Ironruby-core] delegate

Huw Collingbourne lists at ruby-forum.com
Wed Feb 6 12:48:42 EST 2008

Michael Letterle wrote:
> Well I figured out how to get events wired up, that was fun :)
> Personally I'd rather see events wired up like this:
> @rbutton.Click.add &Proc
> @rbutton.Click.remove &Proc

The actual syntax is no big deal. To work like other .NET languages and
to provide the same IDE support, however, event handlers need to be
named methods that can be selectively 'wired up' either in programming
code or by selecting a method name using Visual Studio's Events panel. I
have no very strong feelings about the operators ( += and  -= or some
alternatives ) but I do think that consistency with existing .NET
delegation standards is important.

best wishes

SapphireSteel Software
Ruby and Rails In Visual Studio