[Ironruby-core] The future of Ruby.NET

Greg Akins angrygreg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 15:31:29 EST 2008

On Feb 5, 2008 2:16 PM, Michael Letterle <michael.letterle at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't find it all that sad, the Ruby.NET folks did some awesome
> stuff, now they can come over and do awesome stuff in IronRuby :)

This might be an old topic, but does the IronRuby project intend to
allow Ruby code to be written as a "first class" .Net language

Meaning, that like Ruby.Net can we write .Net classes in Ruby rather
than writing them as strings that are passed to the RubyEngine?

I had expected that having to do that was just a function of the
"newness" of IronRuby, not a design decision.

But wanted to check :-)

Greg Akins
Software Development Manager
SSI Services