[Ironruby-core] YAML for .NET

M. David Peterson m.david at xmlhacker.com
Fri Feb 1 10:30:51 EST 2008

On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 07:41:34 -0700, John Lam (DLR) <jflam at microsoft.com>
wrote:

> John Messerly has been working in his spare time on porting Ola's JvYAML
> parser to .NET and he's made quite a lot of progress already. It's
> probably the best direct port that is out there.

So I was about to ask the following: "Does a list exist somewhere,
preferably on a wiki (though handwritten on a napkin would work for the
time being ;-), that provides a simple TODO:, TODONE:, and
TODONOTTOUCHTHISSPACE: list of project pieces?"

And then I decided "Before you make a fool of yourself, look on the wiki!"

Apparently yes :D,

Core: http://ironruby.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?Core
StdLib: http://ironruby.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?StdLib

I wonder if it wouldn't be such a bad idea to append to the mailing list
signature something like,

"Want to contribute?  Look @
http://ironruby.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?Core and
http://ironruby.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?StdLib to get some ideas."

... or something to that effect?  If nothing else, it would advertise the
fact that these pages exists, and while it's never going to be 100%
up-to-date, something is better than nothing.

Thoughts?

--
/M:D

M. David Peterson
Co-Founder & Chief Architect, 3rd&Urban, LLC
Email: m.david at 3rdandUrban.com | m.david at amp.fm
Mobile: (206) 418-9027
http://3rdandUrban.com | http://amp.fm |
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2354