[Ironruby-core] YAML for .NET

John Lam (DLR) jflam at microsoft.com
Fri Feb 1 09:41:34 EST 2008

Peter Bacon Darwin:

> Again let me know if you think I should stop and do something else or
> if you want to get involved.

John Messerly has been working in his spare time on porting Ola's JvYAML parser to .NET and he's made quite a lot of progress already. It's probably the best direct port that is out there.

That said, we're running into problems with our MutableString implementation that we have to address first since the next major sets of things that we're looking to get working are Regex and YAML.

If you're looking for things to work on, porting JRuby's Regex engine would be awesome ... we're meeting today to hash out some details about our string implementation and I'll post later on how we're proceeding with that.

Thanks!
-John