[Ironruby-core] YAML for .NET

M. David Peterson m.david at xmlhacker.com
Fri Feb 1 07:56:54 EST 2008

On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 05:38:07 -0700, Peter Bacon Darwin
<bacondarwin at googlemail.com> wrote:

> The PyYaml processor is MIT licensed and the implantation is fairly
> straightforward to follow.  I have modified the google Yaml.NET project
> be MIT licensed too.  It appears from John Lam's posts last September
> that
> MS permissive + MIT would be acceptable.

Right on. Will PyYaml run via IronPython?  If yes, then why not just place
focus on using PyYaml directly via the DLR?

> I think it would be good to get a C# port up and running and then
> look at F# and how it could fit in/replace bits.

Good idea.  For runtime reference I've created an IKVM'd version of JRuby
> http://mdavid.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/jruby/.

You can reference the code in any C# source file via adding reference to
the jruby.dll file contained in the above directory and then adding
whichever from the following list you might need,

using org.jvyamlb;
using org.jvyamlb.events;
using org.jvyamlb.nodes;
using org.jvyamlb.tokens;
using org.jvyamlb.utils;

> There are of course
> Silverlight issues - do the F# libraries run on it?

I believe so, yes >
http://strangelights.com/blog/archive/2007/05/25/1584.aspx

> Again let me know if you think I should stop and do something else or if
> you
> want to get involved.

Looks like you're on the right track to me :-)

--
/M:D

M. David Peterson
Co-Founder & Chief Architect, 3rd&Urban, LLC
Email: m.david at 3rdandUrban.com | m.david at amp.fm
Mobile: (206) 418-9027
http://3rdandUrban.com | http://amp.fm |
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2354