[Ironruby-core] YAML for .NET

Peter Bacon Darwin bacondarwin at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 1 07:38:07 EST 2008

The PyYaml processor is MIT licensed and the implantation is fairly
straightforward to follow.  I have modified the google Yaml.NET project to
be MIT licensed too.  It appears from John Lam's posts last September that
MS permissive + MIT would be acceptable.

In the meantime, if no one else objects I will begin to port PyYaml to C#;
starting with the Parsing and Presenting processes.  The other layers, in
particular Construction, will need more thought as to how they will
integrate with .NET generally and IronRuby specifically.

As far as F# goes, I think this is very interesting but I am not up to speed
with the language to say how much better it would be than a straight OO
port.  I think it would be good to get a C# port up and running and then
look at F# and how it could fit in/replace bits.  There are of course
Silverlight issues - do the F# libraries run on it?

Again let me know if you think I should stop and do something else or if you
want to get involved.
Pete