[Ironruby-core] YAML for .NET

Myles Eftos myles at madpilot.com.au
Fri Feb 1 05:53:07 EST 2008

> Actually, reading back through that thread I am realizing now
> that it might be worth considering writing the YAML parser in
> F# which already has full support for lex/yacc as part of the
> core distribution.  +, F# is wicked fast.

Hey, if that would work, then cool.

In regards to the license, from that thread you posted: "We have an issue
here that we want to drive through legal, which is releasing IronRuby under
multiple licenses. This shouldn't be a problem, but it is an issue if we are
going to try and package IronRuby for release ourselves (which we should
do). Like a lot of things that we do around here, it's always simpler if we
could take one step at a time. I suspect that MsPL + MIT as a start would be
nice. MsPL + CPL would be fine too. But MsPL + GPL + LGPL would be a much
harder sell."

And from the source files from jvYamlb:

/***** BEGIN LICENSE BLOCK *****
 * Version: CPL 1.0/GPL 2.0/LGPL 2.1
 *
 * The contents of this file are subject to the Common Public
 * License Version 1.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file
 * except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of
 * the License at http://www.eclipse.org/legal/cpl-v10.html
 *
 * Software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS
 * IS" basis, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or
 * implied. See the License for the specific language governing
 * rights and limitations under the License.
 *
 * Copyright (C) 2007 Ola Bini <ola at ologix.com>
 *
 * Alternatively, the contents of this file may be used under the terms of
 * either of the GNU General Public License Version 2 or later (the "GPL"),
 * or the GNU Lesser General Public License Version 2.1 or later (the
"LGPL"),
 * in which case the provisions of the GPL or the LGPL are applicable
instead
 * of those above. If you wish to allow use of your version of this file
only
 * under the terms of either the GPL or the LGPL, and not to allow others to
 * use your version of this file under the terms of the CPL, indicate your
 * decision by deleting the provisions above and replace them with the
notice
 * and other provisions required by the GPL or the LGPL. If you do not
delete
 * the provisions above, a recipient may use your version of this file under
 * the terms of any one of the CPL, the GPL or the LGPL.
 ***** END LICENSE BLOCK *****/

So does that mean it can be release under JUST the CPL? Because in that
case, we should be sweet?

Myles Eftos
Mobile: +61-409-293-183

MadPilot Productions