[Ironruby-core] Code Review: Thread#raise

Curt Hagenlocher curth at microsoft.com
Tue Dec 30 16:05:06 EST 2008

Shouldn't the option "UseThreadAbortForSyncRaise" be called "...ForASyncRaise"?
I think that Thread.raise with no arguments should just inject a RuntimeError with no message as if $! were nil; this makes more sense than failing.  Trying to reference a "current exception" in another thread is a scary operation even if that's what MRI is doing.

Other than that, changes look really nice.  But anyone thinking of using this functionality should read Charlie's excellent piece from earlier in the year: http://blog.headius.com/2008/02/rubys-threadraise-threadkill-timeoutrb.html