[Ironruby-core] dbd implementation for ado.net

Ivan Porto Carrero ivan at flanders.co.nz
Sun Dec 28 08:55:21 EST 2008

Hi

I've created an ADO.NET implementation for DBI but I may have overlooked
some stuff.
At the moment it's living on google code

http://code.google.com/p/ironruby-dbi

There is an extra colon in the connection string required to make it select
the correct data provider.

DBI.connect("DBI:ADONET*:MSSQL*:Data Source=(local);initial
catalog=mydb;user id=sa;password=topsecret")

Feel free to test and tell me what's wrong with it :)

I've only tested it against SQL Server..
This should make implementing the activerecord adapters for rails a little
bit easier because in many cases it's just a matter of changing the
connection string of an existing adapter (at least that's what I'm hoping
for).

Cheers
Ivan