[Ironruby-core] Determining line number of runtime errors

Benjamin van der Veen lists at ruby-forum.com
Tue Dec 16 03:41:44 EST 2008

Curt Hagenlocher wrote:
>>From the hosting interface, you need to manually set RuntimeSetup.DebugMode = true when creating the ScriptRuntime.

I saw that option and enabled it (this is what the -D flag does in
ir.exe), but I'm not sure where I get the line number when an error
occurs. I haven't had a chance to sit down to study the source of ir.exe
to see how it does it, but just by browsing through intellisense and
using the immediate window in VS, I couldn't find any relevant
properties (or properties of properties) on the thrown exception or any
of the other objects involved (the runtime, the engine, the scope, or
the source). I must be missing something. Any ideas?

Thanks,
benjamin