[Ironruby-core] Code Review: gitintegration2

Jim Deville jdeville at microsoft.com
Mon Dec 15 23:08:08 EST 2008

Reviewed with Jimmy on IRC.

-----Original Message-----
From: ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org [mailto:ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org] On Behalf Of Jim Deville
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 3:32 PM
To: IronRuby External Code Reviewers
Cc: ironruby-core at rubyforge.org; Martin Maly
Subject: [Ironruby-core] Code Review: gitintegration2

  tfpt review "/shelveset:gitintegration2;REDMOND\jdeville"
  Comment  :
  * Add helpers for mono and rake version
  * changed the is_test? method to rely on the presence of the test environment variable instead of the value of it.
  * refactor to_git
  * added from_git, git:ensure_repo, git:import
  * added some helper methods that will be moved to context after this is stabilized some more.
  * Added "testability" to the tasks. If the test environment variable is set, commands will print out instead of run.
  * requires rake --version to be greater than 0.8.0
  * removes requirement for tf.exe in happy. This will be reinstated after we move from SVN and have a way to specify being in a git repository.

This will go in with a direct checkin since it doesn't affect SNAP.

Martin: I've included you to ensure that you don't have an issue with this being checked in. It doesn't touch anything outside of Ruby, but just wanted to be certain.