[Ironruby-core] IronRuby Deployment Scenerio in Future...

N. F. lists at ruby-forum.com
Thu Aug 28 00:15:45 EDT 2008

John Lam (IRONRUBY) wrote:
> Why is MySql so important? Why not Postgres or SQL Server?
>
> Even more to the point - why relational databases at all - especially
> for Web 2.0 style applications? Certainly none of the big boys (Google,
> Amazon, eBay, Yahoo etc.) use relational databases on their user-facing
> high-volume properties.
>
> Thanks,
> -John

In my company, an electronic publishing organization, we are moving to
MarkLogic, an XML Native database (or contentbase, as MarkLogic prefers
calling it). After working with it for a few months, we are certainly
not going back to any relational dbs, be it Oracle or SQL Server. With
that in mind, John, would you please look at the thread called "IronRuby
and MarkLogic" (last updated by me 32 days ago) when you have a chance
and check out why John Messerly's patch was not kept in the latest
releases...thanks!

Meanwhile, I switched to using IronPython for my MarkLogic development
since it works just fine...but it would be great if I could use
IronRuby...