[Ironruby-core] IronRuby on Netbeans

Huw Collingbourne lists at ruby-forum.com
Fri Aug 22 11:01:55 EDT 2008

Our experience with IronRuby and JRuby support in Ruby In Steel has been
that the main 'problem areas' are debugging (JRuby) and Visual design
(IronRuby) as these require some degree of direct 'contact' with the
specific Ruby implementation. Other features such as editing and project
management are not implementation dependent. I would imagine the same
would be true for Netbeans. Supporting code-completion/IntelliSense on
the .NET side of the equation is also a potential problem.

best wishes
Huw

SapphireSteel Software
Ruby and Rails In Visual Studio