[Ironruby-core] IronRuby .NET Interop Test Plan

Ben Hall ben2004uk at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 15 18:56:26 EDT 2008

Hi Jim,

Interesting approach to writing a test plan - I think its a good idea.
 My first question is how are you going to manage all of the test
inputs and expectations? I'm currently having this discussion at work
where we are lots of inputs (different sizes of scripts) and we need
to manage them in an effective manner,  we throw a couple of ideas
around today.  Still not 100% happy...

Are you going to have it folder based (Similar to how the current Ruby
Specs are wrote)?

/Deriving
    /System.Delegate
           /Test1
           /Test2
           /Test3
           /Test4
    /System.Enum

How are you planning to ensure you have all of the C# syntax covered?
Or are you just focusing on core use cases.

Similarly,  how are you going to manage which test cases have been
created and which ones haven't - based on your test plan?

I'm sure I will have more questions as I read the test plan ;)

Cheers

Ben