[Ironruby-core] Stupid to_clr_string

Jimmy Schementi Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com
Fri Aug 15 17:06:59 EDT 2008

You can monkey-patch the Silverlight classes you're using to do the to_clr_string for you. For example HtmlDocument#GetElementById requires you pass it a ClrString, which can be annoying from IronRuby. So, you can make it take a Ruby string or symbol like this:

module System::Windows::Browser
  class HtmlDocument
    alias_method orig_get_element_by_id, get_element_by_id
    def get_element_by_id(id)
      orig_get_element_by_id(id.to_s.to_clr_string)
    end
  end
end

# usage