[Ironruby-core] Noob looking for a place to start

Jim Deville jdeville at microsoft.com
Fri Aug 15 03:06:30 EDT 2008

Welcome to the group! To really answer you question I'd need to know what you're interested in. However, in the general sense there is plenty to be done.

Options for you:
1) Hop in and help me with testing. I could use work writing .NET interop tests, porting old tests to RubySpec or even writing tests RubySpec hasn't written yet.
2) Pick a library, either Standard, Gem, or even incomplete builtin and help get it running.
3) Help write sample apps. We could use examples of using a Ruby lib like RSpec to test a .NET app, or a mixed app in .NET and Ruby, or anything else you'd like.
4) Write some documentation on the wiki. Some of our stuff is out of date. Some stuff just isn't there.

So whatever you'd like to do, let us know and we'll point you in the right direction.

JD