[Ironruby-core] Events?

Sean Clark Hess seanhess at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 16:28:40 EDT 2008

Let's say I create a class called MovieControls, that wraps some existing
xaml.  The xaml has several buttons, including a toggle play/pause button,
and a previous and next button.
MovieControls would listen to the click of the play/pause button, and would
dispatch a "play" event when they clicked it to play it, and "pause" for the
opposite.

I want to be able to listen to MovieControls to know when to tell my video
to "play" and "pause".

So, it would be something like this...  In MovieControls
play_pause_button.click { if (isPlayState) dispatch("play") else
dispatch("pause") end }

Then, in my app
myMovieControls.play { doPlay }
myMovieControls.pause { doPause }

Does that make more sense now? If this seems totally out of the blue, how
are people currently handling abstracting away this kind of functionality?

Thanks
~sean