[Ironruby-core] IronRuby binary disribution

Mark Bloodworth mark_bloodworth at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 14 10:21:46 EDT 2008

Ivan,

Thanks.  I tried that (I don't have a ruby installation on the machine I'm trying this on, so I started ir with ir -I "C:\ironruby\lib;C:\ironruby\lib\ruby\1.8".  In the latter of those folders are all the ruby files that came with the binary distribution.)  The result I got is:

>>> require 'net/http'IronRuby.Libraries:0:in `require': no such file to load -- socket (LoadError)        from Microsoft.Scripting.Core:0:in `UpdateAndExecute'        from Microsoft.Scripting.Core:0:in `Update3'        from :0        from Microsoft.Scripting.Core:0:in `InvokeTarget'        from Microsoft.Scripting.Core:0:in `Run'        from IronRuby.Libraries:0:in `require'        from Microsoft.Scripting.Core:0:in `UpdateAndExecute'        from Microsoft.Scripting.Core:0:in `Update3'        from :0        from Microsoft.Scripting.Core:0:in `InvokeTarget'        from Microsoft.Scripting.Core:0:in `Run'        from IronRuby.Libraries:0:in `require'        from Microsoft.Scripting.Core:0:in `UpdateAndExecute'        from Microsoft.Scripting.Core:0:in `Update3'        from :0        from Microsoft.Scripting.Core:0:in `InvokeTarget'        from Microsoft.Scripting.Core:0:in `Run'

Does this mean it's now trying 3 places and failing instead of one place and failing?

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark, try running the console with something like:ir -I'C:\tools\ironruby\libs;C:\tools\ruby\lib\ruby\site_ruby\1.8;C:\tools\ruby\lib\ruby\1.8' of course the paths need to be adapted to how they are on your computer. CheersIvan 2008/8/13 Mark Bloodworth <mark_bloodworth at hotmail.com> > Does the IronRuby binary distribution have any dependencies on the MRI> distribution?  If I require a standard Ruby library from IronRuby, I get an> error that there is "no such file to load".>>>> I unzipped the binary distribution to the root of the C drive.  I then> added C:\IronRuby\bin to my system PATH variable.  Now I can open a command> prompt and start ir.  I can require .net libraries - all works.  However, if> I try to require a standard ruby library, I get an error (see text below.)>>>> >>> require 'net/http'> IronRuby.Libraries:0:in `require': no such file to load -- net/http> (LoadError)>         from Microsoft.Scripting.Core:0:in `UpdateAndExecute'>         from Microsoft.Scripting.Core:0:in `Update3'>         from :0>         from Microsoft.Scripting.Core:0:in `InvokeTarget'>         from Microsoft.Scripting.Core:0:in `Run'>>>> Thanks>>>> Mark