[Ironruby-core] IronRuby binary disribution

Mark Bloodworth mark_bloodworth at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 13 10:30:37 EDT 2008

Does the IronRuby binary distribution have any dependencies on the MRI distribution?  If I require a standard Ruby library from IronRuby, I get an error that there is “no such file to load”.
I unzipped the binary distribution to the root of the C drive.  I then added C:\IronRuby\bin to my system PATH variable.  Now I can open a command prompt and start ir.  I can require .net libraries - all works.  However, if I try to require a standard ruby library, I get an error (see text below.)
>>> require 'net/http'IronRuby.Libraries:0:in `require': no such file to load -- net/http (LoadError)        from Microsoft.Scripting.Core:0:in `UpdateAndExecute'        from Microsoft.Scripting.Core:0:in `Update3'        from :0        from Microsoft.Scripting.Core:0:in `InvokeTarget'        from Microsoft.Scripting.Core:0:in `Run'
Win New York holidays with Kellogg’s & Live Search