[Ironruby-core] Code Review: alpha-3

Tomas Matousek Tomas.Matousek at microsoft.com
Thu Aug 7 17:36:09 EDT 2008

Looks good.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Deville
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2008 1:49 PM
To: IronRuby External Code Reviewers
Cc: ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
Subject: Code Review: alpha-3

This is the rest of John's work that I am going to work on. Removing SIGNED seems to cause too many problems with the build, and we may want to leave it in there. I've also fixed a minor bug with File.executable?. It now returns true for .exe's but false for all other files. We may want to discuss what should be returned as executable. CRuby returns true for all existing files, I don't know what JRuby is doing.

tfpt review "/shelveset:alpha-3;REDMOND\jdeville"
Comment  :
  -     Add logic to get library path for libraries from ir.exe.config file. There are three of these files now - merlin_ir.exe.config, external_ir.exe.config and ir.exe.config for MERLIN, SVN, and Binary layouts respectively. This also means that ir.cmd is no longer required, and it should not appear anywhere.
  -     Added automation to generate a release (binary) layout compressed using the awesome 7z algorithm as a self-extractor. This requires 7-zip to be installed which is something we should likely add to MERLIN_EXTERNAL as a tool. You run it via rake package.