[Ironruby-core] Any one working on...C# to IronRuby Converter...?

Steve Eichert steve.eichert at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 08:58:00 EDT 2008

I've never found converters to be useful either.  They generally don't
result in code that takes advantage of the language which you're converting
to and as such many of the idioms for the particular language are lost in
the "translation".  This typically results in people getting a bad flavor
for a language and having a poor initial impression.

I recognize that my feelings on this matter are likely skewed due to me
using poor converters in the past, but, nonetheless, I'm very skeptical.

+1 on someone creating starter kits from scratch to show the
power/usefulness of IronRuby :)