[Ironruby-core] Can't build under Mono

Sanghyeon Seo sanxiyn at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 20:40:36 EDT 2008

2008/8/6 Jim Deville <jdeville at microsoft.com>:
> Come to think of it. Is there a reason to call ruby.exe on Windows? Windows has the PATHEXT variable, and it will find ruby.exe if you call ruby in the right location. Am I missing something? Or should we make the runners call ruby instead of ruby.exe?

This is true. Just executing "ruby" will do the right thing both on
Windows and UNIX. I thought the idea was to warn users if they don't
have Ruby installed, or if there are more than one Ruby installations.
So I did the minimally intrusive change to keep that.

find_executable is basically a reimplementation of PATH/PATHEXT searching logic.

Seo Sanghyeon