[Ironruby-core] Opening up our tree to external committers

M. David Peterson m.david at xmlhacker.com
Wed Apr 30 23:54:58 EDT 2008

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 21:43:09 -0600, Tomas Restrepo <tomas at winterdom.com>
wrote:

> You can certainly do that way. I've worked with fairly large code
> bases that do this, and you can certainly do the merging with link.exe
> even.

Cool :)  Glad to see my memory hasn't completely failed me! ;-)

> That said, this doesn't really solve the loading issue Curt
> mentions, which is probably the bigger deal.

Is this in reference to distributing a larger collection of Ruby libs
inside of a DLL instead of distributing them as seperate .rb files?  I'll
read back through the thread to see if I can decipher, but if yes, it
seems to me the easiest approach is to simply use embedded resources.  In
fact, now that I think about it, this is definitely a conversation we have
had in the past, and if not mistaken the general consensus was to
implement a 'resload' keyword to reference embedded resources such that
the functionality of the load keyword could be left unmodified.

Please disregard the above if this is not what the conversation is related
to.

--
/M:D

M. David Peterson
Co-Founder & Chief Architect, 3rd&Urban, LLC
Email: m.david at 3rdandUrban.com | m.david at amp.fm
Mobile: (206) 999-0588
http://3rdandUrban.com | http://amp.fm |
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2354