[Ironruby-core] Opening up our tree to external committers

M. David Peterson m.david at xmlhacker.com
Wed Apr 30 23:36:34 EDT 2008

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 21:14:23 -0600, Curt Hagenlocher
<curt at hagenlocher.org> wrote:

> One advantage of having "one dll per library" is that you can make
> decisions about which DLL to load based solely on the library name.
> Once you have multiple libraries per DLL, you need a more complicated
> probing or mapping scheme to know which assembly to load.

Why not meet half way: Generate netmodules who's primary purpose, if I am
remembering correctly, is the ability to be merged together into a final
assembly.  Again, if I remembering correctly, the original idea was that
you could have one team writing code in VB.NET and another in C#, and they
could both compile to netmodules which are then merged into a final
assembly via a post compilation merging process.

WARNING: My memory of the purpose of netmodules might be completely out of

M. David Peterson
Co-Founder & Chief Architect, 3rd&Urban, LLC
Email: m.david at 3rdandUrban.com | m.david at amp.fm
Mobile: (206) 999-0588
http://3rdandUrban.com | http://amp.fm |