[Ironruby-core] Opening up our tree to external committers

Wayne Kelly w.kelly at qut.edu.au
Wed Apr 30 19:39:59 EDT 2008

For consistency, can we also separate the other standard libraries such as digest, openssl, etc (that require explicit loading) into separate assemblies?
This of course, first requires us to be able to load such assemblies.

There will of course be an ever increasing set of such libraries, so it would be nice to have a relatively lightweight process to allow such new directories/libraries to be created.

Note, some of these libraries might be implemented using a combination of Ruby and C# code.

I hope this mechanism will enable people to upload prototypes of what they're working on, so that we don't need to wait until something is complete and polished before seeing it.

Perhaps we could have a generic IronRuby.Misc that people could create directories  beneath initially, which could then be moved to top level status once they've matured.

Cheers, Wayne.