[Ironruby-core] How we will do better at community outreach

Jb Evain jb at nurv.fr
Tue Apr 29 10:44:16 EDT 2008

Hey,

On 4/29/08, John Lam (IRONRUBY) <jflam at microsoft.com> wrote:
>  This is totally doable, and something we should have done for some time now. What I'm now proposing is this: all IronRuby code reviews will go out through the public mailing list. We will generate a TFS 'unified diff' (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/6fd7dc73.aspx) and attach that diff to the code review email that will be CC'd to ironruby-core.
>
>  This way you'll have the context for the changes (the source code) along with a detailed email that describes what those changes are, along with some commentary. Note that complex changes are often reviewed face-to-face on our team (think pair-reviewing). But many changes are reviewed entirely by email, so those follow-on emails will be captured for all to see.

What would be neat, on top of that, is simply having a
ironruby-patches list, where automated mails are sent for each commit
on the IR repo. Pretty much something like what mono-patches provide:

http://lists.ximian.com/pipermail/mono-patches/

That would simply be great to get familiar with the code.

--
Jb Evain  <jb at nurv.fr>