[Ironruby-core] Rails progress summary

Wayne Kelly w.kelly at qut.edu.au
Tue Apr 29 08:30:17 EDT 2008

While waiting for some of the gems related issues to be resolved, I thought I'd expand my test suite to include all  the ruby source files required by a broader range of use cases, including:
- gems setup.rb
- gem install rails
- rails myapp
- start webrick server and process simple HTTP request

This includes over 500 real world ruby source files ...

Currently, IronRuby is able to successfully load 214 of those.

Note that successfully loading these files doesn't necessarily mean that all of the semantics are correct, simply that they don't throw an exception when they are  loaded.

The remaining 300 odd files currently fail to load for the following reasons:
47 - ModuleOps.Evaluate not complete
34 - Module::module_function not implemented
33 - Class.new() not implemented [bug #19805]
19 - MemberAssignmentExpression not implemented
17 - Kernel::extend not implemented
16 - to_sym not called on block parameters to convert them to Procs [bug #19714]
12 - Regexp.initialize(String, Fixnum, String) not implemented [bug #19806]
11 - Can't inherit from Numeric [bug #19804]
  5 - nkf library not implemented
  5 - yaml library not implemented
  4 - fctl library not implemented
  4 - Interrupt class not defined
  4 - Alias resolution problem [bug #19706]
  4 - Syntax error relating to JumpStatements [bug #19803]
  3 - Module::module_eval not implemented
  2 - Module::extend_object not implemented
  2 - Module::undef_method(String) not implemented [bug #19842]
  1 - enumerator library not implemented
  1 - Dir::glob illegal pattern [bug #19843]
  1 - eval doesn't handle assignment to constants [bug #19844]
  1 - Syntax error relating to do blocks [bug #19845]
  1 - Kernel::trap not implemented
  1 - stringio library not implemented

Cheers, Wayne.