[Ironruby-core] How we will do better at community outreach

Huw Collingbourne lists at ruby-forum.com
Tue Apr 29 05:06:32 EDT 2008

John, speaking from our perspective, as the developers of the only
currently available IronRuby IDE (
http://www.sapphiresteel.com/Ruby-In-Steel-For-IronRuby ) I can tell you
that what we really need is a clearly stated project plan - a 'road map'
with well-defined points along the route with features and dates
attached. This would be similar to the road map which, for example, the
MS SDK team published. Until we have such a plan to work to, our own
development on the IronRuby IDE remains stalled as we can't make our own
future plans. We have always published road maps for future versions of
our standard Ruby IDE but until we have a firm development plan from the
IronRuby team, we can't make any future commitments on the IronRuby IDE.

best wishes
Huw

SapphireSteel Software
Ruby and Rails In Visual Studio