[Ironruby-core] Regarding IronRuby... How true it sounds from this blog

Sanghyeon Seo sanxiyn at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 01:23:08 EDT 2008

2008/4/29 Peter Bacon Darwin <bacondarwin at googlemail.com>:
> I believe one of the key problems is the DLR.  As I understand, it MS makes
> a distinction between "important" stuff (i.e. the DLR) and "peripheral"
> stuff (i.e. IronXxxx).  MS wants to have complete control over the DLR and
> is not interested in making it Open Source.  Rather the DLR code is just
> community viewable, much like the rest of the .NET framework code.  I can
> understand this since core .NET Framework code is central to the MS strategy
> and they don't want things sneaking in the sides.

I disagree. I think DLR is a non-problem. Reality check: do you have
any change in your mind you would like to make to DLR?

For example, (sorry for using CPython as an example; I am not familiar
with Ruby world) many people contributes to CPython runtime without
touching CPython's custom memory allocator. Still many people
contributes to CPython standard library and C extensions without
touching CPython runtime.

Seo Sanghyeon