[Ironruby-core] Regarding IronRuby... How true it sounds from this blog

Ryan Riley ryan.riley at panesofglass.org
Tue Apr 29 00:34:53 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 08:50:48 -0600, M. David Peterson <
m.david at xmlhacker.com> wrote:

> So while Charlie is correct: The IronRuby
> project needs to become more community oriented, that community
> orientation needs to come from not only MSFT's direction, but the
> communities direction as well.

Very well stated. And Wayne's list certainly helps in giving a better
understanding of what is left. Such a status sent weekly (at a minimum)
could certainly help keep everyone up-to-date. Also, nothing prevents anyone
from starting their own git or mercurial branch. If the community wants to
actively work by that method, by all means we should. That could potentially
even help with the community aspect. The only thing holding anyone back is a
desire to stay completely on the same page (a la subversion and rubyforge).
Better and more frequent communication would better serve the community in
this case.

--
Ryan Riley
ryan.riley at panesofglass.org