[Ironruby-core] Regarding IronRuby... How true it sounds from this blog

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Mon Apr 28 19:19:39 EDT 2008

Tomas Matousek wrote:
> [snip...]
>
> And if you want app-domain isolation, just do ScriptRuntime.Create(System.AppDomain.CreateDomain("foo")).

Does this actually work? No one has been able to post working code on
creating an IronPython engine in another app domain on the IronPython
mailing list.

Can you use this to place restrictions on the app domain - like restrict
which assemblies can be loaded and control network / filesystem access?

A working example would be a wonderful thing...

The reason I am dubious is that it seems that the code generation used
by the DLR requires pretty much full trust in .NET 2, so *any*
restrictions (which is usually the point of running in another app
domain) blow up. I would dearly love to be proved wrong on this of course.

Michael Foord