[Ironruby-core] Regarding IronRuby... How true it sounds from this blog

Steve Eichert steve.eichert at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 13:04:06 EDT 2008

I can't say that the delay has stopped me from working on a contribution
since I've just recently started investigating where I may be able to lend a
hand.  However, I can say that I'm much more reluctant to jump in and start
working on something since I don't want to work on a implementing or fixing
something that has already been addressed.

I think it would be great to have a more open environment where the
community knows what the members of the IronRuby team are working on and
what they're currently thinking about, as well as what things they aren't
able to get to yet but are higher priority.  This would help the community
understand what they should stay away from, as well as what would be a good
place to contribute.  In order to foster a community around IronRuby I
believe there needs to be something that can rally the community around a
cause.  Right now, most of the people I've spoken to are in a wait and see
mode with IronRuby.  It would be great if we could do something to get
people in a "what can I do to contribute value to the project" mode.

This is coming from someone who has just recently "joined" the IronRuby
community, so I may not be looking in the right places.

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 11:35 AM, John Lam (IRONRUBY) <jflam at microsoft.com>