[Ironruby-core] Regarding IronRuby... How true it sounds from this blog

Michael Letterle michael.letterle at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 12:24:20 EDT 2008

In a technical fashion?  No.  From an emotional standpoint?  Yes.
Right now IronRuby is very unstable from the view of an outside
contributor, you don't know if the code you're working on now is going
to need /major/ changes in the next drop, and you don't know when
that's going to be.  Why work on a bug that "in truth" may already be

The most important change that MSFT can do is let you push to
rubyforge DIRECTLY, none of this internal updates pushed to rubyforge
once in a while.  I assume it's corporate preventing this, because it
really make no sense otherwise.  What we have here isn't an OSS
community project in the traditional sense, what we have is a
Microsoft project that they've so kindly, in their infinite wisdom
allow us commoners to work on now and then.  Oh but you can't see or
touch the real code until we're ready to let you.  This is HIGHLY

Don't get me wrong, I applaud Microsoft for going this far, it's a
major step, but only a step, there's still a long way to go.