[Ironruby-core] Regarding IronRuby... How true it sounds from this blog

M. David Peterson m.david at xmlhacker.com
Mon Apr 28 11:57:40 EDT 2008

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 09:45:46 -0600, Charles Oliver Nutter
<charles.nutter at sun.com> wrote:

> And answer carefully, friends, because you could help correct this
> policy.

I answered honestly.  No, it's not getting in the way.  But that doesn't
mean I believe that process isn't broken.  It is without a doubt.  I'm
just not 100% sure -- taking in all considerations to the challenge at
hand -- how to "fix" it from a truly ideal OSS community perspective.

> Don't give an answer you think John wants to hear, because a little
> community pressure could go a long way toward improving the situation.
> I'm sure John would agree with me there...

I dom't know if he will agree or not, but whether he does or doesn't, the
fact of the matter is that there are two options,

  - Do nothing and wait for something to happen on its own.
  - Do something and see what happens as a result.

I'm 100% the notion of applying pressure.  Where's the best place to start?

M. David Peterson
Co-Founder & Chief Architect, 3rd&Urban, LLC
Email: m.david at 3rdandUrban.com | m.david at amp.fm
Mobile: (206) 999-0588
http://3rdandUrban.com | http://amp.fm |