[Ironruby-core] Regarding IronRuby... How true it sounds from this blog

Justin Bailey jgbailey at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 11:43:29 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 8:35 AM, John Lam (IRONRUBY)
<jflam at microsoft.com> wrote:
>  Has working on the SVN sources (with the attendant delays in propagating to / from our version of 'the truth') blocked you from working on a contribution?

I have a large block of code that is based on the long-ago RubyCLR
bridge John implemented. I am very excited to get that onto native
.NET. My impression is that IronRuby is not far enough along to
support much of my codebase, but it's a moot point. I cannot access
RubyForge's SVN repository from behind my employer's ISA firewall (it
blocks certain HTTP headers SVN uses). I did manage to spider the
latest release at one point using WGET but it wasn't an effort I'd
repeat regularly. Another method for getting the codebase would make
it easier for me to see what IronRuby is capable of so far.

Justin