[Ironruby-core] Gems progress summary

Wayne Kelly w.kelly at qut.edu.au
Sun Apr 27 20:27:54 EDT 2008

Following the release of r96 I thought I'd summarize the current progress status in attempting to execute setup.rb for Gems ...

Executing setup.rb requires 89 separate ruby source files to be loaded.
(Many of these same files are also required by Rails).

Currently, IronRuby is able to successfully load 33 (37%) of those source files.

The remaining 56 currently fail to load for the following reasons:

11 - Module::class_eval not implemented
10 - Regexp.initialize(String, Fixnum, String) not implemented [bug #19806]
 8 - MemberAssignmentExpression not implemented
 6 - Module::module_function not implemented
 4 - Alias resolution problem [bug #19706]
 4 - YAML not implemented
 3 - Can't inherit from Numeric [bug #19804]
 3 - Syntax error relating to JumpStatements [bug #19803]
 3 - Class.initialize() not implemented [bug #19805]
 2 - Interrupt class not defined
 1 - Module::extend_object not implemented

See http://ironruby.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?TowardsRails for more details of these issues.

Cheers, Wayne.