[Ironruby-core] rbx.exe hits 3GB memory usage during "rake test"

Paul Batum paul.batum at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 14:34:20 EDT 2008

Hi there,

Today I decided to take a look at IronRuby. I pulled the source down as
demonstrated in the video, followed the build instructions on the wiki, and
then ran the unit tests using the command 'rake test'. After letting it
execute for a minute or two, I noticed no new results were appearing, my
system was no longer responding properly and the rbx.exe process was using
approximately 3GB of memory. I killed it, and this is is what was in the
console buffer:

repro: (a,b),c = *[nil]
nil; nil; nil;
repro: (a,b),c = *[1]
1; nil; nil;
repro: (a,b),c = *[1,2]
1; nil; 2;
repro: (a,b),c = 1,*[2,3]
1; nil; 2;
repro: (a,b),c = *[[]]
nil; nil; nil;
repro: (a,b),c = 1,*[]
1; nil; nil;
repro: (a,b),c = [1,2],3
1; 2; 3;
repro: (a,b),c = nil,1
nil; nil; 1;
rake aborted!

I'm running 64-bit Vista. I did a 'gem update' before building the source.
ruby -v gives me:

ruby 1.8.6 (2007-09-24 patchlevel 111) [i386-mswin32]

After it happened the first time, I deleted my entire local copy of the
source, pulled it all down again and then got the exact same result.

I was wondering whether anyone has come across this before or has any
suggestions. Cheers!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/ironruby-core/attachments/20080426/fdf06680/attachment.html>

More information about the Ironruby-core mailing list