[Ironruby-core] r93 update

Greg Akins angrygreg at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 08:51:08 EDT 2008

I had written a small "hello world" app that read a ruby file, using IronRuby.

It used this "puts \"Ruby and ${variable} together at last\"" where
"variable" is a global assigned in the C# program.

The program I'd written stopped compiling after the update so I looked
on the Wiki for changes.

The Wiki shows this example

>From that example, this line

    ctx.GlobalVariables[SymbolTable.StringToId("variable")] = ".NET";

doesn't work because the index on GlobalVariables has changed to a KeyValuePair

A, I'm confused about how to create a GlobalVariable object to put in
that collection.  B, I'm unsure if I'm headed down the right path,
given the changes to the API.  Is there a "New" way to assigned global

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Greg Akins
Software Development Manager
SSI Services