[Ironruby-core] Present and Future of IronRuby

John Messerly jomes at microsoft.com
Tue Sep 18 13:59:36 EDT 2007

Hi Stefan,

The easiest way to see this is to look in the IronRuby sources under the Builtins folder. There are a lot of things implemented to varying degrees of completeness. The classes we focused on so far are Array, Hash, Enumerable, Comparable, and Dir, plus a large part of String. A lot of other stuff was filled in as needed to test those classes (e.g. Range implements "each" so all of the Enumerable methods should work on ranges).

File IO is pretty high on the list of things to implement next. Time is also up there because it's used by File :). I'm not sure where we'll go after that... our Fearless Leader (John Lam) might have some insight.

John M.