[Ironruby-core] zlib implementation

Eric Nicholson enicholson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 15:46:07 EDT 2007

Thanks for the head's up!  So I guess the approach is to build off of
System.IO.Compression for everything possible and recode the rest from
scratch.  Erring on the side of compatibility with MRI (Matz's Ruby
Interpreter... I had to look it up).

I've started building some test cases against MRI Zlib with the thinking
that they could eventually test out whatever IR implementation gets
created.  If anyone wants to take a look, I'll try to make a little more
progress tonight and then I'll be happy to share.

-Eric