[Ironruby-core] zlib implementation

M. David Peterson m.david at xmlhacker.com
Thu Sep 13 13:57:54 EDT 2007

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 11:37:39 -0600, John Lam (CLR) <jflam at microsoft.com>

> Thanks for the pointer Stefan- it’s funny how I spent a bunch of time
> trying to track down internally who the owner of SIC was, and then that
> blog post told me exactly who to send the mail to J

Hey, Kim Hamilton... I know her. :)  Well, not personally, but through
proxy.  My good friend Russ Miles[1] (who is now the Director of Software
Development and Co-Founder of my company) and Kim wrote a book together[2].

Isn't Kim on the Silverlight team?  Given the topic of the article linked
to[3] from Stefan it seems she would be just the person to talk to about
System.IO.Compression support for Silverlight :D (though, come to think of
it, all browsers already support gzip compression, so maybe they plan to
write a wrapper around each existing browsers implementation?)

(see third paragraph down)
[2] http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/learnuml2/

M. David Peterson
http://mdavid.name | http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2354 |