[Ironruby-core] zlib implementation

John Lam (CLR) jflam at microsoft.com
Thu Sep 13 13:24:17 EDT 2007

From: Mike Moore [mailto:blowmage at gmail.com]

>> BTW, the IronRuby tokenizer is scheduled for a massive overhaul in the next couple of weeks.
> How is this changing?

We inherited the tokenizer and scanner from the Ruby.net codebase which we funded via MSR. When we ripped that code out of their compiler, the token location reporting wound up getting busted. That code is rather complicated, and we have a very nice tokenizer class in IronPython/DLR that we would much rather use instead. So we're going to spend some time rewriting that stuff to get location reporting correct. Once that works, it should be trivial to enable debugging under VS which is feature that is motivating the rewrite.

 -John