[Ironruby-core] zlib implementation

Mike Moore blowmage at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 11:37:13 EDT 2007

On 9/12/07, John Lam (CLR) <jflam at microsoft.com> wrote:
>  Thanks for looking into these libraries, Mike!
> Regarding zlib: it seems like a binary dependency on zlib.net would work.
> Do you agree?
> Regarding YAML: I agree that porting _syck to C# would be a good idea.
> Does _syck have dependencies on the Ruby parser?
Syck doesn't have a dependency on the Ruby parser, but it does use lex/yacc
style gram.y file.  I know that the Ruby.NET guys cracked that nut and
reused Ruby's parser.y file, and it looks like IronRuby has a Parser.y file
as well.  I honestly haven't looked at this very closely since I first saw
it in Ruby.NET, so I'm just assuming that a .NET version of Syck could also
use Syck's gram.y file as a starting place.

> BTW, the IronRuby tokenizer is scheduled for a massive overhaul in the
> next couple of weeks.

How is this changing?