[Ironruby-core] zlib implementation

Eric Nicholson enicholson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 19:30:42 EDT 2007

Good point Mike.

In addition to the System.IO.Compression route, there is already a managed
zlib implementation at http://www.componentace.com/zlib_.NET.htm  They have
a very permissive license:

"Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this
list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice,
this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation
and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
Neither the name of ComponentAce nor the names of its contributors may be
used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without
specific prior written permission."

What's the policy on including other OSS components?  Any chance that this
could be used?

-Eric