[Ironruby-core] IronRuby

John Messerly jomes at microsoft.com
Fri Sep 7 15:40:03 EDT 2007

This is an interesting question. I don't know if we've figured out what should be implemented in C# vs. what should be implemented in Ruby.

IronPython generally takes the approach of creating C# versions of the core Python modules that are written in C. Users then have the option of copying the purely Python libraries over from CPython if they desire to do so.

Clearly IronRuby builtins will all need to be written in C#. And also any standard libs that are written in C in MRI, are probably good candidates for writing in C#. Otherwise, it's probably easier to write then in Ruby :)

John Lam might have more guidance...