[Ironruby-core] Case sensitivity

John Lam (DLR) jflam at microsoft.com
Tue Oct 30 01:04:44 EDT 2007

Sanghyeon Seo:

> There are still some places in IronRuby that depends on case
> insensitive file system.
>
> 1. :compile_testhost task generates IronRubyTestHost.exe, but
> :test_compiler task runs ironrubytesthost.exe.
> 2. test_*.rb requires util/simple_test.rb, but SVN has Util directory
> instead.
> 3. mspec.rb requires builtin/string, etc, but SVN has Builtin/String
> directory instead.
>
> test_dir.rb tries to chdir to C:/... I can comment it out for the time
> being.

Thanks for ferreting out these bugs and sending in the Mono patch, Seo!

I need to fix the Rakefile yet again, to deal with the missing specs.targets file but I'm running low on cycles getting ready for RubyConf in a few days. We really wanted to build IronRuby on Mono but Miguel's recommending that we punt on the build side of things and just run our assemblies directly on Mono for the time being. It looks like the compiler's in not so great shape regression wise as they add LINQ support.

So there might be a bit of delay getting these changes into SVN, but they will get in.

Thanks!
-John