[Ironruby-core] Implementing the Time class

Charles Oliver Nutter charles.nutter at sun.com
Sat Oct 27 01:40:55 EDT 2007

Eric Nicholson wrote:

> On 10/26/07, *Curt Hagenlocher* <curt at hagenlocher.org
> <mailto:curt at hagenlocher.org>> wrote:
>

>     Having said that, the TZ environmental variable is a UNIXism; do
>     these tests pass for CRuby under Windows at all?
>

> No.  They run without throwing an error, but there is no effect on date
> processing due to setting ENV[:TZ] on a windows system so the tests that
> use it all fail unless you are coincidentally in the correct time zone.

That's one issue with the Rubinius specs; nobody's developing Rubinius
on Windows, so those tests are probably *never* being run there.

On JRuby, I know we have at least one core dev on Windows, but we're not
a whole lot better. The community helps though, at least for reporting
lots of Windows bugs none of us want to fix.

- Charlie