[Ironruby-core] Delegates (agian)

Joe Chung lists at ruby-forum.com
Fri Oct 26 20:43:22 EDT 2007

Eric Nicholson wrote:
> I don't know if it's relevant or not, but the VB Windows Forms designer
> doesn't generate anything like this anyway.  It looks like:
> Private Sub x_myevent() Handles x.myevent
> End Sub
> The compiler wires up the delegates.

Your code is syntactic sugar that generates

AddHandler Me.myevent, New EventHandler(AddressOf Me.x_myevent)

You can check this out for yourself with Reflector.

It is relevant, because here are two examples (within the same language
even) of language-specific syntax for event handling delegates.  I think
it would be okay if IronRuby had Ruby-like syntax for delegates as well.